Tips to prepare you for buying a property.
1. Make an appointment with a financier to determine how much you can borrow. Pre- approval is less stressful and you have a better idea of your price range.
2. Make a list of preferred suburbs. Be clear and know what you want and don’t want.
3. Let your real estate agent know exactly what you are after so that they can contact you should a suitable property become available.
4. When you find your property the real estate agent will present your offer to the vendor and aid in negotiations until your agreement is met. This is when a legal contract is formed.
5. We will then offer recommendations for well known and highly reliable local solicitors or conveyancers to represent you legally.
6. Building inspections will need to be arranged by you to assure that the property is sound and to bring defects to your attention.
7. Communication is vital. It is important that the buyer stays in touch with us during this process. With the advice of you solicitor and reports from building inspection, you should now be able to make an informed decision on whether or not you wish to proceed with the sale. If you do decide to go ahead, a deposit will be paid by you and held until settlement.
8. At settlement the property will be transferred into your name by your solicitor and the lender, along with the payment and balance due.
9. Settlement day you should do a final inspection before you take hand over of the property.
Following these steps will hopefully allow you to have a pleasant and successful buying experience.